Memento✨ ··· colorsystemic interaction+ idea set
Dear Memento design team,
your support mail isn't reachable, so sorry for posting the whole set of ideas just here instead:
we have a few ultimately valuable tips from our perspective for Mementos visual experience that could boost its interactive intuition even one step further! Some of my friends & colleagues using/having used/I have shown Memento are standing behind this. Please just throw back the ball if anything is unclear or I should profound it with screenshots, it's all about the Android version of your amazing app:
would be wonderful to be able to...
- show field information/content in specific rows (to be able to have the name in a line & tags/other infos in a separate line like in Trello for example) - L/R scrollable card content could be an addition
- be given specific colors (HUGE additional increase in personalization through color codeability - if users pick the same color as the background, that could just be indicated by a warning (but you see the content still yourself, right) but shouldn't influence the possibility)
- have a structural order - and even better: are universally accessible, which would make filtering by tags across all databases possible for useful "dashboard" like libraries (just as in new nice tree field hierarchy for example)
- be seen on (kanban) cards
- be seen optionally fully on cards/entries
ENTRY/ON CARD THUMBNAILS
- show icons
- display emojis (shows ? block instead)
- be given specific colors
LIBRARIES ON TILE INFO (extra options for "Put on the tile")
- show custom information (like a simple "25/47" (elements done) [by whatever condition that exemplary SUM/SUM is defined]) - giving on tile info a new depth in usefulness for insights at a glance!
INTERACTION BUTTONS (checkboxes, "+", etc.)
- currently shown in blue app wide, they interfere with color coding - an option to make them grey scale/according to library would be simple yet awesome in appearance!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for your creation so far and considering these as little updates! 🦚✨
Best wishes from a tiny huge fan collective in Europe,
Calvin & Friends
There are 6 types of cards in Memento, based on this search.
Entry Edit card
Entry View card
File Manager card
Field Edit card
Cloud Library Status card
Attached Files card
It is not clear in this suggestion whether you are referring to Entry Edit and Entry View cards, or a proposed new kanban card. I cannot know whether your proposed feature to support kanban would be useful to me because I do not use kanban. I do not use trello either.
Likewise I do not see a need to add tags to memento.
Improved ability to arrange the fields on Entry Edit and Entry View cards might come in handy, but I have better things to spend my uservoice votes on.
Improved ability to show data on the library tiles might come in handy, but I have better things to spend my uservoice votes on.
Several sections in your suggestion mention color coding. I oppose color coding. If it were possible to downvote your suggestion, I would, just because it advocates color coding. It is not possible in advance to know what kind of color vision problems your future team members may have, and it is impossible to prepare in advance for them. Memento already has some color coding, but it shouldn't have. Imagine that some of your users must use a black and white display (not grayscale) If your library still works then you have accommodated "color blind people". (I have a mild color vision handicap.)
Some friendly advice. Break up your suggestion into several small suggestions, so that we can vote on them separately. Your suggestion is not likely to be implemented in its entirety even if it gets very many votes. When a suggestion has two parts that could be implemented separately, and we vote because we care about part A, our vote may be wasted because only part B is implemented.